So you have decided to grow marijuana indoors and you are looking for the Best LED Grow Lights to use?
Then you have come to the right place we are the go-to guys for LED’s to grow weed indoors.
- 1 Best LED Grow Lights 2018
- 2 Best LED Grow Lights 2018 Complete Review
- 2.1 G8LED G8-900 – The Award-winning best LED grow light for growing cannabis indoors
- 2.2 MEIZHI Reflector-Series 450W – The LED which gives a tough competition to already established companies
- 2.3 Ledgle Led Grow Light 300W – Cheap LED grow light
- 2.4 Marshydro Reflector 960W LED Grow Light – LED grow light that is trusted by 10,000+ people worldwide
- 2.5 Roleadro Galaxyhydro Series 300W – the LED with more red and blue light
- 2.6 TaoTronics Led Grow lights Bulb – The best cheapest and smallest product in the market
- 2.7 King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light – low price & high Wattage
- 2.8 Advanced Platinum Series P300 – Editor’s choice
- 2.9 Advanced Platinum Series P900 – An appropriate outstanding product for large scale serious cannabis growers
- 2.10 California Lightworks Solar-storm 440 – high end sophisticated product for professionals
- 2.11 VIPARSPECTRA 1200W – High quality low price brand
- 2.12 Benefits of using LED grow lights
- 2.13 The Checklist:
- 2.14 Be careful about the hanging distance:
- 2.15 Conclusion:
Best LED Grow Lights 2018
Here is the Comprehensive LED grow light reviews with its comparison table.
Buying an LED grow light nowadays could be frustrating if you are a beginner because there are a ton of different LED lights(Wikipedia) are available in the market!
That’s the reason why we have compiled reviews of carefully chosen best LED grow lights to assist you in selecting the perfect product according to your needs.
Things to consider before buying an LED grow light
There are various kinds of LED grow lights available in the market ranging from a $100 to $2000.
Best LED Grow Lights 2018 Complete Review
Now let’s have a look at the complete review of all the best LEDs available in the market!
G8LED G8-900 – The Award-winning best LED grow light for growing cannabis indoors
This LED grow light has been awarded the “2016 Best LED Grow Light” by HIGH TIMES Magazine. Made and tested in USA, these LED’s have gone through several iterations over the past 8 years.
It has very good coverage of 24 square feet and will go up-to 60 inches past the canopy. It provides very high quality of 8 band spectrum of Infra red and UV light to produce the most efficient lighting system.
This LED dose not get very hot, thanks to the inbuilt fans, you can touch it even after 24 hour usage.
The company provides very good customer service and a 2 year warranty as well. The company uses LED’s from the top leaders in the industry (BridgeLux, Epistar and Optotech) so you don’t have to worry about the quality.
One other thing to mention is it uses zener diodes to protect the panel in the long run.So, if you want to grow cannabis over a large area then this product includes pretty much everything your plant needs to grow, its an excellent choice.
MEIZHI Reflector-Series 450W – The LED which gives a tough competition to already established companies
The full spectrum LED grow light from MEIZHI is really giving tough competition to big companies like viparspectra. This LED mixes light intensity and wavelength to produce very good results, in turn making the quality of the plant better. This LED grow light consumes only 195W and gives the plants all the light needed for photosynthesis.
A big plus point for this light is that it can be switched from veg state to flower state, altering its spectrum accordingly and save energy. It also showcases 2 fans which help to keep the heat down and away from the plants.
This LED grow light gives coverage of 5 foot by 3.6 foot, which allows you to grow 4 plants at once depending on the breed. It also has the facility to daisy chain so you can hang more than 1 light to increase the coverage area. Looking at the price and features, it an excellent choice for a beginner.
Ledgle Led Grow Light 300W – Cheap LED grow light
When it comes to indoor cannabis growing, you may want to experiment first and then invest a huge amount of money. For that we bring you this cheap LED grow light costing only 70 quid.
This LED operates at 300W and has 2 select-able modes, one for veg phase and other for flowering phase. It gives you a small coverage area of 6 square feet. This LED also sports a 11 band full spectrum which is very nice to have considering the price.
It also has 2 inbuilt fans for heat dissipation. It can also be daisy chained with other LED’s. There are protector diodes installed in order to make sure if one of them fails, other still work. Overall this is a good choice for those who want to experiment without investing a lot of cash. This product gives you exactly what it says for a very low price.
Marshydro Reflector 960W LED Grow Light – LED grow light that is trusted by 10,000+ people worldwide
Are you that guy who looks at what other people use the most and then get your decision swayed towards buying that product? Well then you might like this LED grow light as it is favored by many people according to the company.
This product is perfect for a limited space as it has a compact design which maintain high output. It can cover an area of 16 square feet and draws around 388W of power. You can rest assure with this LED grow light as the whole light is ETL certified and the wires are VDE/UL certified.
It boasts a switch to change the light from growth stage to bloom stage. Because of its reflective design, no light loss occurs. Another plus point for this company is that they test the product 48 hours before packing to decrease the defective rate. Overall, this product is excellent choice for anyone who wants the best quality product and is ready to pay a little bit more than cheap LED grow lights.
Roleadro Galaxyhydro Series 300W – the LED with more red and blue light
To understand what this product is offering you beside other LED’s, you need to know about red and blue lights. Offering more red and blue light to the plant means providing effective plant development growth.
Which in turn make the plant greener, more proficient and sturdier. Galaxy hydro series 300W gives you exactly that. It has more red and blue light than white.
The 3W chips saves power while giving high brightness and IR glow. The product is CE & ROHS certified. It also comes with a 2 year warranty and lifetime consulting services. This may be a very good choice when you are considering low budget.
TaoTronics Led Grow lights Bulb – The best cheapest and smallest product in the market
Six years of business, more than 5 million customers, this says a lot about the company and its product. As you can imagine, this product is cheap costing only $19.99, is favoured by millions for providing excellent LED bulb to grow cannabis in a very small and tight space. This LED grow light contains 9 red and 3 blue ultra-bright LED’s, which is perfect for plants with less sun exposure. There is no energy waste as this LED is made of heat sink design. This is the best LED grow light for someone who wants to grow a small single plant for personal use.
Best of all is that the bulb can be fitted to any standard E26 socket; you can even use it on a desk lamp.
King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light – low price & high Wattage
King plus company is very unique in its own way, as they have their own factories and professional grow laboratories to develop, research and design LED’s. This particular product comes with 10W double chips which are more efficient and brighter than standard 5W LED’s. It also provides full spectrum of light which is very similar to sunlight. It manages to keep heat at minimum, thanks to the holes on the LED board and cooling fans. One thing that makes this LED grow light stand out is that the 10W double chip LED’s are each equipped with their own zener diodes, which is rarely found on LED’s in market.
With a 3 year warranty this product is the best buy for any serious beginner cannabis grower.
Advanced Platinum Series P300 – Editor’s choice
Advanced platinum is one of the best companies out there who make exceptional LED grow lights for indoor use. Platinum LED’s have the highest par output per watt when compared to other companies. The investment you would make here would return to you in form of delicious weed. The LED grow light provides 12 bands from Infrared to Ultra violet light so you don’t need to worry if the plants are getting all the characteristics of sunlight. This LED sports 2 switches for veg and bloom state.
It also gives a very wide coverage which would allow you to grow many plants under a single LED. As all other LED’s this one also has cooling fans which would keep heat at bay. This industrial grade LED grow light gets you 5 year warranty and 90 day money back guarantee. Therefore, according to us this would be wisest choice of all. Best value for money and best build quality.
Advanced Platinum Series P900 – An appropriate outstanding product for large scale serious cannabis growers
Now this LED is not for everybody. This is a beast! If you are a large scale grower of cannabis and are looking for a massive LED grow light, then this is for you. Advanced platinum series p900 offers staggering performance and result that speak for themselves. It gives a enormous coverage area of 18.6 feet by 4 feet, making it one of the largest LED in the market. It has 4 fans to keep things cool, running very quietly.
As with the p300 this LED also has full 12 band spectrum which extends from Infrared to UV. It also has different switches for veg and flowering stages. Same as all the advanced platinum products, this also gets 5 year warranty and 90 day money back guarantee so and that’s awesome, this can be the best led grow light for you.
California Lightworks Solar-storm 440 – high end sophisticated product for professionals
This particular product falls under expensive lights list. This would be the product which would pay you as good result as its high price. This LED grow light uses 88 5W LED’s, along with two 15W UV-B tube to enhance the growth at blooming stage. The inbuilt fans keep the system cool and quite. Those who know about LED’s would definitely know that this is a company that you can trust.
There are switches to flick between veg and bloom phases. This unit boasts high photo synthetic photon flux to yield better results along with high penetration. The coverage in uniform in 6 by 6 feet area, so no light is wasted. Overall, this product would be the best LED grow light if you are looking for something new with good colors and design.
VIPARSPECTRA 1200W – High quality low price brand
A new brand is taking the market by surprise. Viparspectra LED grow lights are made of good quality, they are quite powerful but they are relatively cheap as well. This new LED has reflective design which throws full spectrum bands. You can get the power of 1000W HPS/MH while only consuming 524W. The company makes these LED’s by balancing PAR/Lumen output and coverage very delicately. This LED is perfect for someone growing in an area of 4 by 4 feet.
This state of the art LED has been developed after rigorous indoor testing for many years. With this light you will increase the quality of buds and see that they are even bigger and coated in resin. As all good companies, Viparspectra also provides with 3 year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
Benefits of using LED grow lights
- The newer LED grow lights have full spectrum, which means the mimic real sunlight.
- They don’t heat up. They cool themselves as they produce less heat than CFL’s.
- LED grow lights are more efficient than CFL’s, so they provide you with more yields with the same amount of power consumption.
- LED’s are plug and play, they don’t need to be adjusted every day like CFL’s.
- They don’t flicker and you don’t need a ballast.
Some of you may be just heading out on the journey of growing weed indoors.
So, we are happy to show you the ultimate grow room equipment checklist.
This is by no means an exhaustive list but it gives a general overview of what equipment people are actually using in real world.
- Exhaust fans – One of the most important factors in growing weed indoors is the air temperature and quality. Having exhaust fans will ensure that the air is circulated properly, but pushing the old air out and sucking fresh air inside the room. While preventing the room temperature to rise.
- Lighting – You don’t to worry about these as we will provide you with the reviews of the best led grow lights of 2018 (although you need to decide on all the factors we talked about earlier).
- Air conditioning/Temperature control – This depends on whether you live in a hot place or a cold one. If the temperature is too high, it will kill the plant. And if it’s too low then it can cause disease in the plant. Now we cannot say what exactly you would need as it all depends on where you live, what time of the year is it, the temperature of the air which is being sucked in, the insulation of your room etc. you would need to calculate all of these and decide on the equipment you want.
- Hardware – This is basically the structure you would need to keep your plants, this depends on you whether you want it to look very good and have proper shelves or a basic setup to fulfill the needs of plants.
- Mylar/Tinfoil – If you want cheap reflection then you can use tinfoil which would rip easily or you could use Mylar if you have high budget, which in turn would light up your room like a spaceship. There are other costly options as well but for a beginner these would be appropriate.
- Grow tent – This is an optional item, you can use one or you can use the whole room as growing space, But if you want to grow weed indoor then we recommend you to use it!
- Nutrients – You would want to provide the plants with some good nutrients to make it healthier and better yielding.
- Sensors/control system – You have to control temperature, CO2 amount, humidity, lights among other small things. If you forget to turn on/off something and goof up then you risk spoiling the plants. So, the best way to avoid general problems is to have a control system that would do the things for you. It will make your life easier. It may be costly but it will give you peace of mind.
- Sunglasses – It’s important to take care of your eyes and avoid UV rays, so you must wear good anti-UV sunglasses when working inside your growing room.
- Growing system – Figure out what kind of growing system and soil are you going to use.
Be careful about the hanging distance:
Different lights have different hanging distance. By hanging distance we mean the distance between the LED grow light and the top most part of the plant. As the plants grow, they tend to reach the light. Therefore, move your light up as the plant grows keeping the distance uniform.
If you want the plants to grow tall then continue raising the LED, if you want shorter plants then do not raise the LED. This way the plant will be short and bushy.
Don’t move the LED light during the flowering phase. If the LED is too close then you risk killing the plant, so always follow the recommended distance.
So we have talked about a lot of different LEDs grow light in the market now it’s up to you to find the best LED grow light for yourself.
Ranging from cheap $20 ones to very high-end costly LEDs. All the LED’s shown were handpicked for you as to help you choose. So how would you decide which the best is for you?
If you are just a beginner and want to experiment with LED’s without investing lot cash then we would suggest you the Ledgle Led Grow Light 300W and tao tronics bulb. As these are considerably low price and that can be the Best LED Grow Light for money, you can experiment with your little marijuana plant and see how the results show up.
If you have experimented with LED’s grow lights in the past and have some experience then we would like to recommend Advanced Platinum Series P300. As this light is a well-known company which builds very trustworthy lights and high-quality LED’s, you won’t be disappointed with it and that can be the Best LED Grow Light for you. Even if you are a pro grower, still you can get a few of these LED’s and grow many plants.
Now, if you are a professional in the field and are not worried about the budget then undoubtedly the best buy for you would be G8LED G8-900 LED grow light. We don’t need to say you much about this as this LED has won the award for being the best LED out there. So buy this LED and you won’t be dissatisfied at all.
Lastly, remember to research carefully before buying an LED grow light as everyone has different needs and usage.
If you still coudn’t find your Best LED grow light then have a look at the Amazon.
Have a joyful cannabis growing experience!