So you have decided to grow marijuana indoors and you are looking for the Best LED Grow Lights to use? Then you have come to the right place we are the go-to guys for LED’s to grow weed indoors.
Here is the Comprehensive LED grow light reviews with its comparison table.
Best LED Grow Lights 2018 Reviews
Buying an LED grow light now a days could be frustrating if you are a beginner because there are a ton of different LED lights are available in the market therefore, we have compiled reviews of carefully chosen best LED grow lights to assist you in selecting the perfect product according to your needs.
How to choose the best LED grow light for growing weed indoors?
The type of LED light you choose depends on few factors like how much are you willing to spend on a grow light and what features you want.
Obviously the cheapest LED will not be the same as the high end LED’s. Now, those who have never used an LED grow light (or have used CFL) to grow marijuana indoors may ask “why you would want to use it?“
Well obviously the first reason would be to keep the plant out of prying eyes but other than that, there are some benefits of using LED grow lights: they can produce more yields in your weed plants while remaining cool and they also use reasonable amounts of electricity. Because of various spectrum of lights (as compared to the LED’s which were used a decade ago) they make the buds healthier, greener and more attractive. The following list shows you the benefits of using LED to grow marijuana indoors.
Benefits of using LED grow lights:
- The newer LED grow lights have full spectrum, which means the mimic real sunlight.
- They don’t heat up. They cool themselves as they produce less heat than CFL’s.
- LED grow lights are more efficient than CFL’s, so they provide you with more yields with the same amount of power consumption.
- LED’s are plug and play, they don’t need to be adjusted everyday like CFL’s.
- They don’t flicker and you don’t need a ballast.
Things to consider before buying an LED grow light
There are various kinds of LED grow lights available in market ranging from a $100 to $2000. So, how would you decide which one is the best LED grow light for you? Well you need to ask yourself a few questions for that. Below is list of things you may want to consider before buying the LED grow lights.
- How much area do you need to cover? (covering larger area means more expensive LED)
- What is the power consumption of the product? The more power it draws a minute the more money you spent keeping it running. In the market you can get LED’s of different wattage like 200W, 600W, 1200W and so on. (on average the more power it draws, the more expensive the LED would be)
- Does the LED use top end Diode bins? (top quality diodes means higher price)
- What is the PAR efficiency? (PAR – Photosynthetically active radiation) it is a region of the electromagnetic spectrum (400 to 700 nm) that promotes photosynthesis.
- Do you need secondary lenses for you grow space? Adding secondary lenses would increase the light intensity as well as the price of the LED.
- What kind of light angle do you want? A large angle would indicate that the light is dispersed on large area and a small angle would show that the light is being dispersed less and is more direct.
- What kind of feature do you want? These include things like dimmability, spectrum control, timing, schedule controlling etc. Adding these features generally means more money.
- Warranty. The longer the warranty of the product, the higher it price.
- Finally, what is your budget?
Some of you may be just heading out on the journey of growing weed indoors. So we are happy to show you the ultimate grow room equipment checklist. This is by no means an exhaustive list but it gives a general overview of what equipment people are actually using in real world.
- Exhaust fans – one of the most important factors in growing weed indoors is the air temperature and quality. Having exhaust fans will ensure that the air is circulated properly, but pushing the old air out and sucking fresh air inside the room. While preventing the room temperature to rise.
- Lighting – you don’t to worry about these as we will provide you with the reviews of the best led grow lights of 2018. (although you need to decide on all the factors we talked about earlier)
- Air conditioning/Temperature control – This depends on whether you live in a hot place or a cold one. If the temperature is too high, it will kill the plant. And if it’s too low then it can cause disease in the plant. Now we cannot say what exactly you would need as it all depends on where you live, what time of the year is it, the temperature of the air which is being sucked in, the insulation of your room etc. you would need to calculate all of these and decide on the equipment you want.
- Hardware – this is basically the structure you would need to keep your plants, this depends on you whether you want it to look very good and have proper shelves or a basic setup to fulfill the needs of plants.
- Mylar/Tinfoil – if you want cheap reflection then you can use tinfoil which would rip easily or you could use Mylar if you have high budget, which in turn would light up your room like a spaceship. There are other costly options as well but for a beginner these would be appropriate.
- Grow tent – this is optional item, you can use one or you can use the whole room as growing space.
- Nutrients – you would want to provide the plants with some good nutrients to make it healthier and better yielding.
- Sensors/control system – you have to control temperature, CO2 amount, humidity, lights among other small things. If you forget to turn on/off something and goof up then you risk spoiling the plants. So, the best way to avoid general problems is to have a control system that would do the things for you. It will make your life easier. It may be costly but it will give you peace of mind.
- Sunglasses – it’s important to take care of your eyes and avoid UV rays, so you must wear good anti-UV sunglasses when working inside your growing room.
- Growing system – figure out what kind of growing system and soil are you going to use.
Be careful about the hanging distance:
Different lights have different hanging distance. By hanging distance we mean the distance between the LED and the top most part of the plant. As the plants grow, they tend to reach the light. Therefore, move your light up as the plant grows keeping the distance uniform.
If you want the plants to grow tall then continue raising the LED, if you want shorter plants then do not raise the LED. This way the plant will be short and bushy. Don’t move the LED during the flowering phase. If the LED is too close then you risk killing the plant, so always follow the recommended distance.
G8LED G8-900 – The Award winning best LED grow light for growing cannabis indoors
The company provides very good customer service and a 2 year warranty as well. The company uses LED’s from the top leaders in the industry (BridgeLux, Epistar and Optotech) so you don’t have to worry about the quality. One other thing to mention is it uses zener diodes to protect the panel in the long run.So, if you want to grow cannabis over a large area then this product includes pretty much everything your plant needs to grow, its an excellent choice.
MEIZHI Reflector-Series 450W – The LED which gives a tough competition to already established companies
This light gives coverage of 5 foot by 3.6 foot, which allows you to grow 4 plants at once depending on the breed. It also has the facility to daisy chain so you can hang more than 1 light to increase the coverage area. Looking at the price and features, it an excellent choice for a beginner.
Ledgle Led Grow Light 300W – Cheap LED grow light
It also has 2 inbuilt fans for heat dissipation. It can also be daisy chained with other LED’s. There are protector diodes installed in order to make sure if one of them fails, other still work. Overall this is a good choice for those who want to experiment without investing a lot of cash. This product gives you exactly what it says for a very low price.
Marshydro Reflector 960W LED Grow Light – LED grow light that is trusted by 10,000+ people worldwide
It boasts a switch to change the light from growth stage to bloom stage. Because of its reflective design, no light loss occurs. Another plus point for this company is that they test the product 48 hours before packing to decrease the defective rate. Overall, this product is excellent choice for anyone who wants the best quality product and is ready to pay a little bit more than cheap LED’s.
Roleadro Galaxyhydro Series 300W – the LED with more red and blue light
The 3W chips saves power while giving high brightness and IR glow. The product is CE & ROHS certified. It also comes with a 2 year warranty and lifetime consulting services. This may be a very good choice when you are considering low budget.
TaoTronics Led Grow lights Bulb – The best cheapest and smallest product in the market
Best of all is that the bulb can be fitted to any standard E26 socket; you can even use it on a desk lamp.
King Plus 1000w LED Grow Light – low price, high Wattage)
With a 3 year warranty this product is the best buy for any serious beginner cannabis grower.
Advanced Platinum Series P300 – Editor’s choice
It also gives a very wide coverage which would allow you to grow many plants under a single LED. As all other LED’s this one also has cooling fans which would keep heat at bay. This industrial grade LED gets you 5 year warranty and 90 day money back guarantee. Therefore, according to us this would be wisest choice of all. Best value for money and best build quality.
Advanced Platinum Series P900 – An appropriate outstanding product for large scale serious cannabis growers
Now this LED is not for everybody. This is a beast! If you are a large scale grower of cannabis and are looking for a massive LED grow light, then this is for you. Advanced platinum series p900 offers staggering performance and result that speak for themselves. It gives a enormous coverage area of 18.6 feet by 4 feet, making it one of the largest LED in the market. It has 4 fans to keep things cool, running very quietly.
As with the p300 this LED also has full 12 band spectrum which extends from Infrared to UV. It also has different switches for veg and flowering stages. Same as all the advanced platinum products, this also gets 5 year warranty and 90 day money back guarantee.
California Lightworks Solar-storm 440 – high end sophisticated product for professionals
This particular product falls under expensive lights list. This would be the product which would pay you as good result as its high price. This LED uses 88 5W LED’s, along with two 15W UV-B tube to enhance the growth at blooming stage. The inbuilt fans keep the system cool and quite. Those who know about LED’s would definitely know that this is a company that you can trust.
There are switches to flick between veg and bloom phases. This unit boasts high photo synthetic photon flux to yield better results along with high penetration. The coverage in uniform in 6 by 6 feet area, so no light is wasted. Overall, this product would be the best buy if you are looking for something new with good colors and design.
VIPARSPECTRA 1200W – high quality low price brand
This state of the art LED has been developed after rigorous indoor testing for many years. With this light you will increase the quality of buds and see that they are even bigger and coated in resin. As all good companies, Viparspectra also provides with 3 year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
So we have talked about a lot of different LED grow light in the market. Ranging from cheap $20 ones to very high end costly LEDS’s. All the LED’s shown were handpicked for you as to help you choose. So how would you decide which the best is for you?
If you are just a beginner and want to experiment with LED’s without investing lot cash then we would suggest you the Ledgle Led Grow Light 300W and tao tronics bulb. As these are considerably low price, you can experiment with your little marijuana plant and see how the results show up.
If you have experiment with LED’s grow lights in the past and have some experience then we would like to recommend Advanced Platinum Series P300. As this light is from a well-known company which builds very trustworthy lights and high quality LED’s, you won’t be disappointed with it. Even if you are a pro grower, still you can get a few of these LED’s and grow many plants.
Now, if you are a professional in the field and are not worried about budget then undoubtedly the best buy for you would be G8LED G8-900 LED grow light. We don’t need to say you much about this as this LED has won award of being the best LED out there. So buy this LED and you won’t be dissatisfied at all.
Lastly remember to research carefully before buying an LED grow light as everyone has different needs and usage, Checkout more LED growing lights on Amazon.
Have a joyful cannabis growing experience!